Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] 'Master' Login Account - revisted

******    message to minivend-users from Sezer Yalcin <sezery@damla.net>     ******

OTR Comm wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from OTR Comm <otrcomm@wildapache.net>     ******
>
> Hello again,
>
> I am trying to change the username for the store administrator ( the one
> that is setup during initial stoe setup).  By default in Minivend 3.14,
> this username had the nick name 'Master'.
>
> I have changed it in minivend.cfg, reconfig, catalog.cfg, and
> userdb.acs.  I delete userdb.gdbm and restart the minivend server.
>
> The I go into the store and login as the new user that I have
> redesignated to be the Master, but when I try to reconfigure the store,
> I get an error message that says I do not have authorization to
> reconfigure.
>
> What have I missed?  Where else do I need to change the Admin account
> name, or is it written into the store binary created by minivend when I
> first created the store?
>
> Thanks,
> Murrah Boswell
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

hi,

superuser status for minivend is determined by username, not by a sign
on userdb. So you must edit your directories, especially minimate
directories and replace "minivend" with new user name. look for .access
files it should give you an idea of it.

make sure you remove all "minivend" user and replace. I recommend not to
delete this user to prevent someone to get it. Instead keep it for
security even though you wont use it.

--

Sezer YALÇIN
email: sezery@damla.net