Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Problem with searches

Hi everyone, I am having a rather odd problem when trying to do a search with interchange 4.6.0 using the built in product.txt database.

Here is the setup:

-I have a database of products
-There is a category column and a subcategory column along with many other columns in the database.
-Some of the subcategory entries have quotes or semi-quotes or special character quotes around the entry. ex: "Green" Supplements

The search will not pick that entry up with the following search code although it picks up any entry that does not contain the above mentioned chars:

[loop search="
  cs=no
  sf=category
  se='[value category]'
  sf=subcategory
  se='[value subcategory]'
  sf=type
"]
[/loop]

[value subcategory] is equal to: "Green" Supplements if I print it to the screen just before I enter the loop so I know that the chars are being passed in properly. For some reason it just doesn't match anything in the database.

If I remove the quotes from the subcategory entries in the products.txt database file ("Green" Supplements => Green Supplements) the search works perfectly and all the proper products are returned.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wrong or have any suggestions that I could try out?

Please let me know, thanks!
mailto:fred.harju@sympatico.ca

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: