Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Problem with searches

Fred Harju wrote:

> Hi everyone, I am having a rather odd problem when trying to do a
> search with interchange 4.6.0 using the built in product.txt
> database. Here is the setup: -I have a database of products-There is a
> category column and a subcategory column along with many other columns
> in the database.-Some of the subcategory entries have quotes or
> semi-quotes or special character quotes around the entry. ex: "Green"
> Supplements The search will not pick that entry up with the following
> search code although it picks up any entry that does not contain the
> above mentioned chars: [loop search="
>   cs=no
>   sf=category
>   se='[value category]'
>   sf=subcategory
>   se='[value subcategory]'
>   sf=type
> "]...
> [/loop] [value subcategory] is equal to: "Green" Supplements if I
> print it to the screen just before I enter the loop so I know that the
> chars are being passed in properly. For some reason it just doesn't
> match anything in the database. If I remove the quotes from the
> subcategory entries in the products.txt database file ("Green"
> Supplements => Green Supplements) the search works perfectly and all
> the proper products are returned. Does anyone have any idea as to what
> I am doing wrong or have any suggestions that I could try out? Please
> let me know, thanks!mailto:fred.harju@sympatico.ca

Try " Open products.txt in Wordpad and do a replace. You are
replacing " with "  " is reserved for string identification if you
want to display " onscreen with HTML the proper way is with " Or
are you using " as your text qualifier? If so make sure you have that
set in the catalog.cfg file as the file is not TAB.

Steve