[ic] Interchange and RaQs

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
08 Nov 2000 11:30:11 -0500

"Juzzin" <juzzin@pixelunion.com> writes:

> Has anyone here ever successfully installed Interchange on a RaQ? If
> so, did you use the RPM or the tarball?
>
> I've had the most success with the tarball.

This has been my experience too.  Being fairly new to IC (but not
Linux), I find IC cumbersome to install.  Ideally the rpm should be
able to solve all the multitude of permissions settings required.
Also, you would think the rpm would also handle dependency checking
for the perl modules required for the admin stuff.

> However, I ran into problems logging into the administrative
> interface (login/pass didn't work -- non-sql) and the main screen
> repeatedly printed "error" where the store categories usually are.

I would suggest you make sure all the perl modules are installed.  I
think you can run something like this from the command line:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'

WARNING: This may actually re-install your entire perl distribution.
It did on mine.  However, going this route was the only think that got
IC installed and working on my box.
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker