[ic] Different 4.5.6 install problem

John Walsh jwalsh@diabetesnet.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:29:20 -0700

We're running as a VPS on freeBSD 4.1 and Apache 1.3.11, but encountering a
problem during "./configure....make test" as follows:

#####
Skip blib/lib/HTML/Entities.pm (unchanged)
Skip blib/lib/Vend/Glimpse.pm (unchanged)
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/libdata/perl/5.005
03/mach -I/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 test.pl
server/unixmode.......ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........ok 3
server/inetmode.......ok 4
link/inetmode.........not ok 5
server/control........ok 6
6 tests run -- 1/6 failed.
*** Error code 1
#####

Could this link/inetmode error be caused by a conflict in ownership between
vlink (group) and the server (user name)?

Afterwards, trying make install, we get this error that is noted elsewhere:

#####
Reprocessing '404.html': done
Reprocessing 'index.html': done
cannot open minivend.cfg.dist.bak: No such file or directory
*** Error code 2

Stop
####

Was this file not created because of the link/inetmode problem, or is it
unrelated? Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

John