[ic] Secure pages, dropping cart

Bob Puff@NLE bob@nleaudio.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:49:57 -0400

Quoting Mike Heins:

> I don't know why you are messing with all of this....

Because it didn't work out of the box.  My insecure site is:
http://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/store

However, my secure site is:
https://www.nleinternet.net/solux/cgi-bin/store

I do have in my catalog.cfg:

CookieDomain  .solux.net .nleinternet.net

But the shopping cart contents were dropped every time.

> Bingo. No cookies are applied for a domain with only one period. That is
> why no one uses that unless they have a completely cookieless site.

Well, the URL is re-written by interchange to be: www.solux.net, which
would have two periods.  Guess I'm just so used to typing in stuff
without the www.  Does that still count?

This is driving me crazy.  The only thing that reliably works is when I
do not use the secure server.  I'm thinking a possible solution is to
set up the entire cart to run under the secure server URL.  Not sure if
that will make the pages come up slower, but it will probably eliminate
these weird secure/nonsecure things from happening.

Bob