[ic] Importing past orders from MV to Interchange

Stanley Major stanley.major@cedar.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:36:46 -0600

I am looking at upgrading an MV site to Interchange. I have set up the
Interchange demo on another server.
Can the previous orders be made to show up in the Administration User
Interface?
I have tried copying the transactions.gdbm, userdb.gdbm, tracking.asc files
and order files, but the previous orders do not show up.
I know that entering new orders updates those files and the new orders will
show up under the Orders and Customers tabs.
According to the upgrading information posted at
http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icupgrade_2.html,  some fields
must be added to the transaction file.
If this means changing the format of transactions.gdbm, is there a
tool/program for converting this to ascii?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Stanley Major
Programmer

Tel: 403-256-8877, ext. 234
Fax: 403-256-8878

Cedar's EMAIL & WEB ADDRESS CHANGE:
Please update your records for all Cipher Systems contacts accordingly!
Email: stanley.major@cedar.com
Please visit www.cedar.com for more information about our enterprise
solutions capability.
Cedar offers industry-leading consulting, technology, and solutions to help
organizations maximize the return on their enterprise systems investments
and drive improved organizational performance.
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. Any unauthorized distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

Cedar accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions
contained in this email and undertakes no liability for loss or damage,
howsoever caused.