[ic] Taking a Poll

Chris Rapier rapier@psc.edu
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:46:35 -0400

Doug Alcorn wrote:

> David Adams <david@akopia.com> writes:
>
> > We have also thought about making the process of hiring a consultant
> > to do more complicated work more accessible, by putting together
> > some kind of flat-rate pricing table for various tasks, like they
>
> I would be opposed to RedHat trying to set flat-rate fees for tasks.
> They have a large amount of influence in this particular niche.  If RH

I know its a little late for this but I would be mighty annoyed if
RedHat tried to do that. I don't want them setting or influencing my
rate schedule. I make between $75 and $125 doing minivend work and I
don't know if that is high or low but damnit, I want the fee scheduling
process to be something that is between me and my client. Thats it.

Flat rate. Feh.