[ic] Here's an easy results sort method

msquared msquared@digitalwizards.com.au
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:26:04 +0800

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 11:33:36PM -0800, Jason Ballou wrote:

> I also did some reading through the Interchange
> Catalog-Building Tutorial manual, most specifically in
> section 13.5 "Sorting the product list".
> Unfortunately this didn't really address how to sort
> in an existing catalog

How does it not pertain to existing catalogs?

I would have thought that the method of sorting they present would work on
any catalog.

> -------------------------------------
>
> Here it is...
>
> On your results.html page, scroll down to:
> [search-list]
>
> and directly  below it add:
> [sort products:sku]
>
> -------------------------------------

Hey, that also works on the catalog tutorial.  :)

Change this line:

  [loop search="ra=yes/fi=products/tf=price/to=n"]

to these lines:

  [loop search="ra=yes/fi=products/to=n"]
  [sort products:price]

Note the removal of 'tf=price' from the loop tag, and moving an equivalent
entry into a sort tag.

Funky!

I suppose the only question is: which is more efficient?

             2
Regards, /|/|
        /   | (MSquared)
M Squared  <msquared@digitalwizards.com.au>