[ic] 4.6.3 + ScriptAlias = 500 error

Zack Johnson zack@augustine.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:09:27 -0500

All,

One of our catalogs which we built on 4.6.1 used a neat little [but useful]
trick to add flexibility to our URL naming scheme.  By using the Apache
ScriptAlias directive, we setup our cat to be accessible via
http://ourhost/dynamic/pages (versus http://ourhost/cgi-bin/pages).

We were proud of ourselves.

Then along came 4.6.3.  With childlike zeal, I downloaded the update and
gleefully ran 'rpm' to install the package.  Lo and behold, when I went to
work on the catalog, the much-feared '500 Server Error' reared its beastly
head.  A quick perusal of error.log revealed the culprit: storable.pm no
longer liked /dynamic/pages!  In other words: "/dynamic/pages/index.html
Runtime error: File is not a perl storable at blib/lib/Storable.pm
(autosplit into blib/lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al) line 293, at
//usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/SessionFile.pm line 87!"  I felt confused,
violated, rejected.

My pride now hurt, I did what I had to do: I reverted by beloved
ScriptAlias hack back from /dynamic/ to /cgi-bin/.  After a quick edit to
variables.txt to reflect this grim reality, I restarted 4.6.3 and alas, my
catalogue resurrected to its prior functionality.

But with modest lament in our hearts. . .

Have we not a remedy?

Any insight into this would make this poor sot's life a ray brighter. . .
many thanks!

Zack