[ic] IC and MYSQL Assistance required?

Chris Jesseman chris@sitemajic.net
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:53:53 -0500 (EST)

> Therefore approached the hosting company who say they can create a
> database
> but it will be held somewhere else on there servers and not local to my
> virtual space. Thus restricting me configuring IC and administering the
> database correctly, and if I was to move to another hosting company the
> database gets left behind.
But your data should never be left behind. see mysqldump

> My questions is:
> - Is there any other way I can still use IC and MYSQL or any other
> opensource database ( that will work with IC  - I am prepared to have
> it
> installed local to my virtual space ) , so the I still have
> administration
> access to it.

I perfer not to have makecat setup my sql access. I add sql access after the
catalog is running, then restart the IC server. Not sure if this is the best
way- but it is effective is mysql is locked down...

> - Can IC be configured but with no database backend at all.
Yep- choose 0 on the SQL part in makecat- as long you have the proper perl
modules installed.