[ic] adding new payment modules

Ron Phipps rphipps@reliant-solutions.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:06:15 -0800

> Greetings,

Good evening!

> I'm picking through the code trying to determine the best way to add a
> new payment module.  I'm a bit confused, because there seems to be two
> ways used: a rather large global hack for CyberCash, which involves lots
> of special references to variables named cyber_(something), and a more
> generalized interface which is used for Authorize.net and Signio, both
> located in the eg/globalsub directory.

> The second method appeals more to my clean-n-abstract style of coding,
> but my attempts at using it make it appear that it doesn't even work,
> but is in fact an old remnant of code from Minivend.

The AuthorizeNet and Signio globalsub's are in fact from Minivend.  However
IC and Minivend 4.04 are VERY close in functionality.  IC fixed many bugs
and added the UI.

> Can anyone confirm or otherwise offer some pointers about this?
> Since the CyberCash module appears to actually work, I'll probably end
> up duplicating that unless I'm advised otherwise.

I do not have any personal experience with the CyberCash module (their rates
are way too high compared to Signio).  However we have the Signio module
working just fine on 2 IC sites and we are getting ready to launch a third
which is running the Java version of Signio on an Alpha interfaced with IC.

Good luck!
-Ron