[ic] MS SQL driver

Scott Fletcher interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 19 10:38:00 2001

UDBC is for the Java related-application.

Here's the step for you to follow since yours would be the same as mine
since I did it with the Linux machine.  I know the website is a little
confusing.  It had me baffled for a while.

1) Go to the website and click on hte "software availability and download"
2) Click on the Multi-Tier Download
3) Click on the "Check Availability by Server Operating System" hyperlink
4) Answer those question as follow

	2) Client O/S ---> Linux glibc***  (since yours is a red hat linux).
(if it doesn't work, pick the other linux driver).
	3) *******       ---> ODBC
	4) *******       ---> Windows ****
5) Click on that check box.
6) You may will have to log in.  If you don't have an account, you can
create one at the top.  The purpose of the account is to let the company
know you're interesting in the product.  Nothing serious.  They are not
going to ask you all the questions or stuffs like that.

7) Download both the client driver and the server software.  (The server
software is there to allow the window to communicate with the unix machine.
The client driver is what you have be here for!)

Then follow the instruction and you're all set.

There is one thing you would need to know.  You may will want to create the
DSN on the MS Window machine to hook up to the DB and have the linux driver
(DSN) to point to the Window DSN.  It is better than having the linux DSN to
point to MS DB without the MS DSN.  Also, MS-SQL doesn't convert the
datatype automatically, so do the best you can with the field data type.
(Nothing wrong with the driver, just that the MS-SQL server doesn't do it.

Scott