[ic] Interchange installation on a Cobalt RaQ 4

Brian Kosick interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 16:22:01 2001

I currently have minivend 3.04 on a Raq4, interchange 4.6.5 on a Raq4, and
4.7.6 on a RaqXTR.  I built them all from the tar files, or CVS.

1)  If you want you're users to be able to get/see their own catalogs, and
do things NOT through the admin GUI put catalogs in their user/username dir.

2)  Never gotten any version to work successfully with the suexec wrapper
for the site enabled.  Whether it's me or the Raq or the time i was willing
to invest to figure it out, I dunno, but the perms are a major pain.

I've all ways just added a cgi-bin for the sites that use IC.

         BTW if you do it my way (ie manually creating a cgi-bin) when
enabling cgi in admin menu, be aware that it will replace your work in
httpd.conf
                 AddHandler  cgi-script   .cgi
                 with
                 AddHandler  cgi-wrap     .cgi

So you will have to change it back again.

3)  Here is a handy dandy IC RPM howto-lite from Mike H (Thanks!)
         edit the interchange.spec as needed.

<snip>
         perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
         tar xzf interchange-X.XX.tar.gz
         cp interchange-X.XX.tar.gz /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
         cp interchange-X.XX/SPECS /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
         cd /usr/src/redhat
         rpm -ba SPECS/interchange.spec

At that point, you will have 3 RPMS to install -- interchange,
interchange-demo, and interchange-foundation-demo.
</snip>