[ic] creating new templates

Donald Lin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 19 13:58:01 2001

Hello all. I probably have a very simple question that I can't figure out.
Any help or enlightenment would be appreciated.

I created a catalog out of scratch using the tutorial online. However, I am
noticing many differences between the Construct Something catalog.cfg file
and my catalog.cfg file. I don't quite understand how these two very
different files work. For the Construct Something demo, there seems to be no
"Database products products.txt dbi:mysql:akopia". In the catalog.cfg file,
I have many of these Database calls, one for each database file I have. I
also notice that when I restart IC, it restarts it differently:
"Configuring catalog demo...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:test_demo.
done.
Configuring catalog myCatalog...done."

It doesn't have the "Using MySQL...."

Is this a problem? Right now everything seems to be working fine, but will I
run into future problems??

Donald