[ic] Sorting

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 23 21:37:01 2001

Quoting Jim Balcom (jim@idk-enterprises.com):
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Ed LaFrance wrote:
 EL>>
> EL>>I don't think it works, but have you tried:
> EL>>
> EL>>tf=products:category
>
> It got ignored, as did Mike's suggestion about the hoars :-)
>
> EL>>...otherwise you will need to use the [sort] tag, or perhaps using an SQL
> EL>>query instead of an IC search allows some cross-table sorting options to be
> EL>>specified?
>
> I'm probably just going to have to live with it :-)

Now wait a minute. [sort products:category] as in

	[loop search="
		fi=merchandising
		sf=featured
		se=new
	    "
	]
	[sort products:category]
		[loop-code]: [loop-field category]<br>
	[/loop]

definitely does work, as both Ed and I pointed out. In fact, all three
of the things I posted were not guesses and definitely do work.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous