[ic] An SSL Question

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 18:56:00 2001

My certificate from Thawte is made out to thediapersuperstore.com.

The site is being run as http://www.thediapersuperstore.com and the
secure server is designated as https://www.thediapersuperstore.com

Netscape does not have any problem with the certificate not having the
www. on the front end.

However, IE 5.5 pukes and makes the customer verify the (possibly
bogus) certificate before it goes on to cheackout.

And, of course, if I remove the www. from the front of the secure
server URL, the cookies don't carry because it is only a 2-part domain
name, not a 3-part domain name needed for cookies.

(I ordered the cert with a www.on the front, but it got dropped. )

Are there any work-arounds for this?

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 18:50 PM:
Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

This Linux System has been up 408 hours