[ic] Apache Virtual Servers for Interchange 4.7.7.

Morrie Wyatt interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun Jul 29 21:33:01 2001

Hi all.

I am rather new to setting up both Apache and Interchange.
After a bit of teething I got IC 4.7.7 to run, but I am
having all sorts of strife getting it all firing with name
based virtual servers under apache 1.3.19 (RedHat 7.1).

(One minor issue was with seting IC up to work with postgres.
To install the RPMS I logged in as root, and to install
a new (foundation based) site I found that this too was
best done as root. The trick however is that postgres will
not allow root access to create database tables!
The solution is to create the blank table seperately first
and then install the interchange site. After that all installs
correctly.)

Would anyone be able to e-mail me a working (sanitised
where necessary) copy of the httpd.conf file for such a
name based virtual site?

I am probably missing something small but significant in
the virtual host setup that is disabling the interchange
site, and once pointed in the right direction should be
able to give myself a good whack with the clue stick and
sort out the rest myself.

The scenario I seek is one in which each virtual IC site
can be seperately customised for look-and-feel, so only
the core interchange files should be shared.

Many thanks in advance,
Morrie.

Morrie Wyatt (morrie@morrie.sims.com.au)