[ic] iso-8895-2 character set

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:43:04 -0500

Quoting klosar18@email.si (klosar18@email.si):
> We're having problems with interchange when trying to
> import/export iso-8859-2 character set,when we export
> the tables to an xls excel format.The character set
> iso8859-2 fails..letters :èæ¾¹ð.The item list page in
> UI admin pages shows them correctly but when you click
> on edit item the edit item page shows them messed
> up,plus if you import the xsl files back even the
> statically build pages get all messed up and the
> characters are written with weird ascii characters that
> no text editor can show correctly .So if anyone has any
> idea where the problem is please let me know.If it
> helps I'll setup another demo store with login and pass
> where the problem can be viewed.We can't inport any
> products in slovenian language because of this problem.

Try importing/exporting to a tab-delimited file and see if you have the
same problem. If you do, then it is an Interchange problem and we
will certainly take a look at it.

If you don't see the same problem, it is a Spreadheet::WriteExcel
or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel problem, or in our interfacing thereto.
But a quick perusal of the docs for those don't mention any methods
which allow us to specify the character set.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown