[ic] iso-8895-2 character set

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:43:04 -0500

Quoting klosar18@email.si (klosar18@email.si):
> We're having problems with interchange when trying to
> import/export iso-8859-2 character set,when we export
> the tables to an xls excel format.The character set
> iso8859-2 fails..letters :澹.The item list page in
> UI admin pages shows them correctly but when you click
> on edit item the edit item page shows them messed
> up,plus if you import the xsl files back even the
> statically build pages get all messed up and the
> characters are written with weird ascii characters that
> no text editor can show correctly .So if anyone has any
> idea where the problem is please let me know.If it
> helps I'll setup another demo store with login and pass
> where the problem can be viewed.We can't inport any
> products in slovenian language because of this problem.

Try importing/exporting to a tab-delimited file and see if you have the
same problem. If you do, then it is an Interchange problem and we
will certainly take a look at it.

If you don't see the same problem, it is a Spreadheet::WriteExcel
or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel problem, or in our interfacing thereto.
But a quick perusal of the docs for those don't mention any methods
which allow us to specify the character set.

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown