[ic] One store with many admins

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 04:51:31 -0500

Quoting oliverf@mail.kdt.de (oliverf@mail.kdt.de):
> Hello list,
>
> first I have to say, that Interchange ist the greatest and best shopping cart system I´ve found for a long time.
>
> Many Thanks to Mike and all the others !!!

Flattery will get you everywhere. 8-)

> My question:
>
> I want to make a shop with a lot of different admins (but only ONE shop)
>
> Those admins should have only the right to edit their articles in the
> database, so they could delete, change or add items to the database.
>
> Is there a chance to do this with Interchange directly, or could it be the
> better way to program a new Interface for them, outside of Interchange ??
>
> I know, that there are a lot questions like this on this list, but i could
> not find a really good answer to it.
>
> So please help.

Interchange supports this, but there had been no UI support for administering
the table_control hash in the access table.

Basically, you can define an "owner_field" where the username of the logged-in
user must match that field for them to edit the record.

I had been meaning to do this for some time, but I finally got around to
it because of your message. I just committed it to CVS -- the owner_field
is now fully supported in the access_permissions manager, and owner_field
is honored in the item/database select lists. (I didn't do merchandising
yet, perhaps I never will. 8-)

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer