[ic] workaround found for 99%CPU usage problem in Vend/SessionFile.pm: "::uneval($ref);" fixes it

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 05:50:01 2001

* Joachim Leidinger wrote on Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 00:46 +0100:
> Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> > Hum, yep, of course, I forgot to say it explicitly that this
> > patch is not for any user but for developer only, and only to
> > make clear what I changed exactly.

> I'm not sure, if my hint can help you. But did you read any error
> message from /var/log/messages?

I didn't found anythink related.

> I've gotten a 99% CPU processes on a cobalt server with suse linux,
> because the RAM was not enough (65 MB) and I've gotten an error messages
> about the page (swap oder VM) in /var/log/messages. With 256 MB RAM, the
> 99% CPU processes goes away.

There were more than 100MB physical RAM available (==free+bcache)
of 256MB always, plus swap.  So I don't think that's a problem.
But thanks for the hint.

oki,

Steffen