[ic] SQL database on another server, Still having wizard problems

Daniel P. Zepeda interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 17:01:01 2001

Hi Folks,

So I have a MySQL database installation on another computer from the one that
I'm running Interchange on. When I run makecat, I expected to put the -h
'host_with_mysql' option in there so that I can specify the host on which the
MySQL installation is located. It appears that the 'Extra options' for the
mysqladmin program are not parsed correctly, so the '-h host_with_mysql' gets
lost. I've worked around this by hardcoding the -h option into the
precopy_commands file but I'd like to make a more intelligent fix for this so I
can submit it to the list. My question is, am I barking up the right tree?
Should I try to fix this and if so, where is the best place to post the fix?

On another front, I'm still having problems using the foundation store
wizard. I previously posted this problem, but no-one answered. Basically, the
problem is that when I try to 'Finish' the wizard at the preview screen, I get
this error:

x.x.x.x W6nSMFaD:dzepeda dzepeda [19/November/2001:17:41:31 -0600] testcat13
         /cgi-bin/testcat13/ui Safe: require trapped by operation mask at
         /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/File/Copy.pm line 10.

Line 10 of Copy.pm is:

  use 5.005_64;

If I comment this out, it just fails in another use statement. I've tried
several workarounds that I found in the mail list archives for similar problems
with no success.

I've tried updating my interchange installation with the lastest from the
stable branch of the CVS repository, still with no success. I don't really want
to try the development branch because I want a stable installation of
Interchange.

I originally installed interchange from the RPMs found on the download area of
the interchange site:

interchange-4.8.2-1.noarch.rpm
interchange-foundation-4.8.2-1.noarch.rpm
interchange-foundation-demo-4.8.2-1.i386.rpm

Then as I said, upgraded that with what was in the CVS repository yesterday.

I'm running RedHat Linux 7.0, with Perl upgraded to 5.6.1 from the tarball
available on CPAN installed in /usr/local.

I'm pretty much at a loss now where to go from here. Can it be possible I'm the
only one having this problem? If so, where do I start trying to track it down?
I've seen others talking about using the wizard, so they obviously don't have
this problem.

--
"Daniel P. Zepeda" <dzepeda@satx.net>