[ic] Intermediate Order Page

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 17:18:01 2002

We've been seeing some of our users clicking the "Place Order" button,
waiting 5-10 seconds, then getting senile and clicking it again.  I know
this is a common type of user-braindeadness that is constantly being
battled against by web developers, but in our own sites outside of IC
we've been able to change the page they are looking at on submission to
get by most of the rinse-and-repeat users ;-)

Is there a way (without using javascript) to have an intermediate page,
like a "Please Wait" type page, between the "Place Order" and receipt?
We have occasional Verisign slowdowns that compound this problem, and I
would like to see the repeat submittals go down.  Even if there is a way
to start writing the next page (Like writing the initial <HTML>
immediately after the submit) before talking to Verisign, I could deal
with that.

Thanks for the help,

-- orko