[ic] Brick and Mortar POS

Thomas Gomillion interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 26 23:33:00 2002

At 07:43 PM 12/26/02, you wrote:
>We have been using a cheesy windows-based POS program for the last year in
>our
>children's clothing store business.  I used to own and operate a small ISP
>where I had some linux experience.
>
>I am wondering if there is any Interchange-based POS available out there and
>at what kind of costs.  Here is a wish list of features we are looking for.

Hello James: Pardon the intrusion Here but i am a interchange user and have
strong pos knowledge as well.
Interchange is great but i don't think it will do what you want it to do
without major reconstruction. I am going to suggest another cheesy windows
based program for you to check out. I have used this for 10 years.
Take a look at www.microbiz.com. See below for features i know it can do.

>Thanks, James
>
>sql based
>layaways by number, with payments trackable by cashier reconciliation

This program handles layaway's pretty well.

>fast, intuitive POS front-end
>epson printer/ receipt printer
>web based??

Yes to the first 2 and has a web interface.

>Linux based??

>Inentory - take abilities(physical inventory) small program that runs on
>laptop or palm w/scanner

will run on laptop.

>stock recieving module

Yes, even auto purchase order

>regular price 2x69 pricing too

Many pricing schemes

>reconciliation by cashier by date
>network 4-5 stations

As many stations as you want to pay for :)

>label making or label support or label export
>MATRIX for products (size and color) shows sales inventory per option
>good reports
>spanish??
>reorder based on sales
>reorder by supplier

Yes to all

>exchanges

Depends see website

>Cashier can do all functions with keyboard.  No mouse neccessary.
>cashier can do simple price changes.

Yes again

>sql query client

no

>import new products from text file
>product assembly (i.e. 1 blanket + 1 sleeper = baby outfit)
>small network load. (maybe wireless)
Yes to the above 3 .
More info if you like just e-mail me back
Thanks