[ic] Authorizenet error

Michael Lehmkuhl interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 18 04:34:03 2002

Paul,

I'm usually not experienced enough to post answers to the list, but we are
running on a similar configuration (Linux / IC 4.8.3), and we ran into a
similar problem with the ECHO payment module we're building.  The code our
ECHO module uses to connect to its server is very similar to that in the
Authorize.net module.

We saw the "scheme 'https' is not supported" error because certain OpenSSL
libraries were not available to the Crypt::SSLeay package.  As I understand
it, this package allows the LWP package to use SSL to establish an https
connection to the server.  This can also be done with Net::SSLeay, and we
actually had better luck with this rather than the LWP/Crypt::SSLeay method.

>From what I read, it seemed like the SSLeay packages are somewhat finicky
about the platforms/software/versions with which they will play nicely.
Once we convinced our system admin to install an updated version of OpenSSL,
things started running great.

Hope that helps.

(Hope someone answers my post from yesterday regarding my current troubles
with that ECHO payment module I mentioned above, too.)

:-)

--
Michael Lehmkuhl <michael@electricpulp.com>
Partner, Electric Pulp