[ic] Website comes up undefined catalog "sometimes"

Robert Brandtjen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 02:09:01 2002

On Friday 01 March 2002 09:54 pm, you wrote:
> I'll assume you are on a shared Interchange server, so: ask your host.
> Undefined catalog means that either the catalog does not have an entry in
> the Interchange configuration file (interchange.cfg), or that it does, but
> the loading of the catalog failed during IC startup, or during a reconfig.
> Either way, unless you have access to the IC server files, you will have to
> ask your host to check for you. You can look in your catalog's error log,
> but it is unlikely to contain anything useful under these circumstances.

Speaking as a maintainer of several RH boxen running IC, it will do this at
times upon a reboot. When the server is called during init 3 process from
init.d, it will not always start up correctly - a
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange restart" will cause it to begin functioning
correctly.

I haven't had time to look at the script, I just know when I reboot a RH box
I will have to issue the command after it's up.
--
 Robert Brandtjen