[ic] Using IC for CRM tool? (Problems with Customer userdb display settings and a form)

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 13:10:01 2002

Hi there!
I'm using IC to build a website for a consultant.  He wants to upload
mailing list tab delimited databases into his website and then have
potential clients qualify themselves by filling out a form on his website
and adding themselves to his client database.  Also he wants a little e-mail
newsletter sign up form, where a client can add their name and e-mail
address and get added to the client database too.

These are the problems I'm running into:

I want him to be able to view his clients on the Customer page in the
Administration UI, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the Customer page
to display any more information about each customer than the ID, Name,
Company and Location.  I went into the userdb display settings and chose the
fields I wanted to show up, but they would not show.

Also I created a component for the e-mail newsletter sign up form.  The
problem is, it does not save the information to the userdb.  I can't figure
out why.  Here's the code:

<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component emaillist] -->
[comment]
ui_component: emaillist
ui_component_type: vertical, content
ui_component_group: promotion
ui_component_label: E Mail List Sign-Up Box

[/comment]

<SCRIPT>    // JavaScript Form Validation Demo    // by Paul Colton
        // Make sure the email field is not blank
        ch = ch.toUpperCase();
    }
    </SCRIPT>

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST" name=emaillist>
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id VALUE="[data session id]">
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="thankyou2">
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_doit VALUE=refresh>
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_check    VALUE="Save_database">

    [if session logged_in]
      [set Save_database]
      [if cgi mv_todo ne submit]
      [calc] Log("Saving userdb in mv_check.")[/calc]
      [userdb save]
      [/if]
      [/set]
    [/if]

your

Name"
      required=1]<br>
      <input type=text name=fname value="[value fname]" size="20"
maxlength="20">
Name"
      required=1]<br>
      <input type=text name=lname value="[value lname]" size="20">
Address"
      required=1]
      <input type=text name=email value="[value email]" size="30">
face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Mail
      [perl tables="__UI_META_TABLE__ mv_metadata"] return; [/perl]
[input-filter
      name=mail_list op=null_to_space][/input-filter] [display table=userdb
type=multiple
      column=mail_list key="[data session username]"]
             [button
        name="mv_click"
        src="buttonMail.gif"
        text="Mail"
        hidetext=1
        form=emaillist]
        mv_todo=submit
          [/button]

<!-- END COMPONENT [control component emaillist_vertical] -->

Any ideas?  Also anyone know of a good Open Source POP3 Sendmail Webmail
program?  Also an e-mail newsletter management program with those same
specs?  I was going to check out this program I dug up on Sourceforge.net
called Relata:
http://www.relata.org/
Anyone heard of it or used it?

--