[ic] Special Pages called when?

G Guttero interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 17 22:28:01 2002

Hi, I was looking over the Special Pages as I'd like to customize the ones
that could be called from my store.  It seems like some of them just
couldn't be called.  For example, the page called confirmation.html seems to
be an order receipt but my customers go to a page called receipt.html after
ordering so I don't think that one could be called.  There are others with
the same situation.  I searched the manual and only found a little
information on Special Pages but definitely not any information on the
specific ones from the Foundation store.  I have made a list of the Special
Pages filenames along with some information from the content of the page.  I
was hoping someone or some people would be able to explain in what situation
each of them are called.  A great explanation would be something like
"confirmation.html is called if it is specified as the page to go to after
an order is placed in the catalog.cfg".  Here is the list:

badsearch.html
"The search could not be done. The problem was:"

canceled.html
"Your session information has been canceled.
If you wish to order another item, we would like you to do so, but
unfortunately you will have to re-enter any account information."

cc_not_valid.html
"The following error was seen:
	[value mv_credit_card_error]
Please go BACK and check the information you entered and see that the
correct card type, expiration date, and number are entered."

confirmation.html
"Your order has been sent, and you will receive an order confirmation via
email."

failed.html
"[if type=explicit compare="q{[subject]}"]
[subject]
[else] We're sorry, but your order could not be processed at this time due
to technical problems. Please print the order page and give us a call. We
will follow up as soon as possible. [/else] [/if]"

interact.html
"Something has gone wrong, and we did not receive the response we expected
from your browser. There was the following problem:
[message]
Note on common causes of this problem:, etc."

missing.html
"The requested page ([subject]) was not found. You can [page index]return to
browsing our catalog, if you wish."

needfield.html
"We need to have some fields entered to be able to process your order.
Please [page ord/checkout]go back and fill out the information."

nomatch.html
"There were no matches found."

nomatch.html
"We are sorry, but the product ([subject]) that you requested is not now
available. You can still [page index]browse our catalog[/page], if you
wish."

notfound.html
"No items with '[subject]' were found. You can [page index]return to
browsing our catalog[/page], if you wish."

order_security.html
"Either this web server did not receive the last transaction via SSL/HTTPS,
or your browser doesn't handle SSL.
We recommend you do not leave any critical information until this situation
is corrected. You can CANCEL your session below to wipe all information, or
return to the catalog with the buttonbar."

reconfig.html
"The catalog should be successfully reconfigured."

sec_faq.html
"Interchange Security FAQ, etc."

security.html
"How Secure is This Stuff?, etc."

violation.html
"You have accessed a page that requires authorization."

Many thanks to anyone that can shed some light on any of these pages.
Thanks a lot!

Grant