[ic] Checkout generates "query was: 7" error after Minivend to Interchange migration

Scott B. Gale interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 18 15:00:01 2002

Hello Mark,

I came across a posting of yours to the interchange-users mail list from
a couple of years ago.  You were having exactly the same problem then as I
am having today with "query was: 7" messages being generated when loading
checkout.html.  Typically, three related lines are produced 7 times on
each page load.  It not only fills up log files but all those failed
queries create quite a performance hit too I'm sure.  I too am migrating a
Minivend store to Interchange.

There was no solution to your problem in the archives so I'm writing
directly to you in the hope that you may remember what sort of action you
took to solve the problem.  I've pasted in the pertinent section of your
original posting below.  Any help or pointers you could give will be
sincerely appreciated!

I am also posting this to the list in case anyone else has an answer and
so that others may benefit from the solution as well.

Thanks,
Scott B. Gale
Systems Administrator
Dana Point Communications

[quote from past posting]

[ic] Notes on upgrading a store from 4.04 to Interchange (and a question)

Mark Stosberg mark@summersault.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:33:48 -0500

[snip]

On my page multi/checkout.html, I started getting internal server errors
with this in the error logs when I submit the page:

######################################
208.196.32.195 w9TYiy8o:nobody - [19/September/2000:19:54:38 -0500] ssp
/~softskul/cgi-bin/ssp.cgi/process.html Bad SQL statement: Parse error
near 7 at /usr/local/mvend/lib/Vend/Scan.pm line 579.

> Query was: 7.

208.196.32.195 w9TYiy8o:nobody - [19/September/2000:19:54:38 -0500] ssp
/~softskul/cgi-bin/ssp.cgi/process.html Bad SQL, query was: 7
208.196.32.195 w9TYiy8o:nobody - [19/September/2000:19:54:38 -0500] ssp
/cgi-bin/ssp.cgi/process.html Runtime error: Can't use an undefined
value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/mvend/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm
line 4774.

######################

I looked through the source code at these lines, as well as analyzing
the code on the page, and I could not figure this out. Does anyone know
what possible causes for this are? Whatever I was doing was valid with
MV 4.04. :)

[snip]

Thanks!

  -mark

personal website             }      Summersault Website Development
http://mark.stosberg.com/    {      http://www.summersault.com/

[/quote from past posting]