[ic] Deciding between Interchange and Miva (Questions)

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 02:42:00 2002

I appreciate all the replies.  I'm a little more
excited about IC now, especially after looking at
Jeff's work on Sophee, that is a great looking site.
And there are definitely some others in the hall of
fame, like caseetc.com and google using it gives me
some warm and fuzzies.

I have two more questions that I couldn't find the
answers to, if I may.

1. Is merchantcommerce.com / atsbank integrated or
supported as a payment module since we already have a
merchant account there?  If not, how hard is it to add
a new payment module for this?

2. I started installing the download and couldn't get
it to start up.  It seemed to install okay (outside of
some configuration confusion on my part) and I think
my problem had to do with starting the daemon.  I
didn't have a user for interch set up on the server
and when I added one, it wouldn't start up.  We have a
dedicated server, but basically there's only two
people with interactive access.  My standard limited
functioning users didn't seem to be liked by IC and I
noticed it won't run as root (cool) or www.  Most of
the users are set up as ftp only accounts and jailed
to their home directories.  I'm assuming I'll need to
set up a user to run this under, and I'm a little lost
here, but how can I set up this user as restrictive as
possible but still allow IC to run under that user?

Thx.