[ic] IC Code Contributions

Wed Oct 9 12:04:00 2002

Quoting Brian Kosick (briank@n2net.net):
> Hello all,
>
> I have a quick question, is there a central repository for IC
> code/components.  For example, I have modified a component (collapsible
> menu component) written originally by Randy Moore and Brendan
> Crosser-McGay.  It was nice, but it fell short on a couple of
> things.  There was no licensing in the original, so I'm assuming that it's
> GPL and they wouldn't mind. I would like to put it up for others to use and
> contribute back to the community.
>
> Interchange.rtfm.info has section with User-Tags Submissions, but nothing
> for contributed components.  I have a few other nice components that I
> would like to contribute also, but alas, they aren't completed yet.

We are going to be changing the IC web site shortly, and one thing
that is happening is the omnipresent blog style on the front page.
Certainly well-produced UserTag submissions can be part of that,
and with a bit of metadata we can produce a repository from those
submissions.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers