[ic] Uploading new pictures

Kellie Foster-Robinson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 01:04:00 2002

Jeff,

I am logged in as the Super User.  When I go a look at the permissions
for the super user nothing is check.  Does it suppose to be like this?

Also, when you installed interchange it created a directory for you
under catalog called the username you were logged in as. Ie:
catalog/super user name/ .....

Because it acts like as some as you go to the site you are automatically
logged in a the user.
http://therealfood.com/~username/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/
I am able to view my cart without being asked to "login".

Kellie

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Dafoe
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 12:40 AM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] Uploading new pictures

> I am clicking "Items" and then clicking the "SKU" for the item.  I am
> adding the picture in the "Information/ Image area".  The name of the
> picture is showing as if it uploaded the picture.  When I check the
> website the picture is not there.

    It's probably a permissions problem like the previous issue you
mentioned.  The items and thumb directories should be owned by the user
the
interchange server is running as.

> In addition, when I install Interchange it created a directory called
> catalogs/username.  The catalog is in there.  I only way I can get to
> the catalog from the web is going to:
>
> http://therealfood.com/~username/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
>
> At one point I am going to have to move the website to:
>
> http://therealfood.com/index.html
>
> Do you know how to do this?

    Have your server administrator set up a rewrite rule in the web
server
configuration.  The rule will redirect the second url you mentioned to
the
first url.

Jeff