[ic] Is there a procedure for converting the default ascii database into a mySQL database

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 12:04:00 2002

At 08:56 AM 10/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there a procedure for converting the default ic database into a mySQL
>database after a catalog is created?

Yep, and I am sure you will find many step-by-steps in the list archives, I
have posted at least one myself.

>   Is this an Interchange wide change -
>in other words, all catalogs share the same mysql database - or is it a
>catalog specific issue, that is each catalog uses its own mySQL database.

Either or both, whatever works for you. In all likelihood you'll want each
catalog to have at least some, if not all, if its data in its own db, but
mutliple catalogs can share command data easily in full or in part.

>Further,  can Interchange run some on mySQL and others in the default
>format?

Yes, and the foundation mySQL setup does just that.

- Ed L.