[ic] Cpanel and paths

John Rennie interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 15 16:06:00 2002

Hi all,

I'm on a hosted site, using Cpanel. In order to get a 'friendly' URL
_and_ session cookies working, I asked for my Interchange.cfg line to
change from

Catalog thechamp /home/thechamp/catalogs/thechamp
    /~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi /~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

Catalog thechamp /home/thechamp/catalogs/thechamp
    /~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi /champagne

i.e., the last parameter should change to /champagne. (Extra line breaks
inserted in this email to keep the lines short.)

Before the change, I was getting two cookies, both for path
/~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi. After the change, I still get two cookies,
one for /~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi and one for /champagne. This is
exactly what I expected, and I planned to use mod_rewrite to translate
/champagne/* to /~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/*. (I'm currently doing this
with /* to /~thechamp/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/*, but that means that the
cookies
don't work.)

I've got my own server at home, running Interchange but not Cpanel. The
change works as expected at home, but on my hosted account, the
/champagne/ path seems to be redirected before the mod_rewrite changes
(in .htaccess in my root html directory) are applied. Both are running
Interchange 4.8.6.

My guess is that Cpanel has interacted in some way, or another change
has been made (although I was told that this was the only change being
made). The Cpanel website didn't seem very helpful, nor was searching
the
Interchange archives. Can anyone suggest what's happening here?

I do have a work-around, of using /champagnes/ as my friendly URL, but
I'd like to understand what's going wrong.

Thanks,

John.