[ic] Re: Stupid trick: mixing PHP/Interchange

Toni Mueller interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 19 11:26:02 2002

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 03:41:23PM +0100, marc.brevoort wrote:
> URLs processed by interchange are prepended the root of the store, and
> appended with .html. For example, if we specify

> [ workaround for calling a PHP page clipped ]

that seems to serve to call a PHP page from Interchange.

Now how do I actually *mix* PHP and Interchange on one page?

The reason why I want to do this is that there are some PHP systems
out there that provide useful utilities and are hard enough to
rewrite to ITL...

So far I thought about creating a user tag that - behind the scenes -
calls eg. wget and dumps the PHP generated code to the current page.
But this is bound to be a performance killer as well as rather clumsy.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Best,
--Toni++