[ic] No items in 'shipping mode' dropdown, 'Nothing to ship'

Paul J interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 12:37:01 2002

> Hello group,
>
> The subject line pretty much states my problem, the checkout
> page doesn't show any choices in the 'shipping mode' drop down
> box and it claims 'nothing to ship' even though there are items
> in the cart. I've searched the archives but haven't found a
> solution yet, but So far it looks like the cause is that the
> items do not have their weight registered, how can I work around
> this? I prefer not to need to update >5000 products.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc Brevoort

Did you choose "Shipping by weight"? Is there a weight in the corresponding
field in the products table? Has it ever worked before, or are you just
setting up?

If you are just setting up, then you need to "apply changes" for shipping
meths to take effect.

Also, when I used it this way, I remember unexplained shipping problems like
that, out of the blue. I would overwrite shipping.asc with a fresh backup
and it usually fixed the problem. I am not recommending you do that, but I
used to. I am not saying my problems were IC's fault, it could have very
well been the incompetent user :)

HTH

Paul