[ic] access_gating whole catalog?

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 23 13:47:00 2002

cfm@maine.com wrote:

>Apache is dominant, yes, but I don't like the idea of IC depending on it.  Coupling tightly not only means other web servers
>won't work but it may well lock people even into a specific version
>of Apache.

I know that I'm stepping into the middle of this, but as just another
voice, I too would ask that the core IC folks to not bind IC to Apache
only.  Though I'm sure Apache is a great HTTP server, we are just one
example of a site that does not use it and by making that Apache a
prerequisite, it is creating an unfortunate situation where we must pick
and choose, and in some cases sacrifice, what we feel is best for our
configuration.

Please reconsider this...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028