[ic] access_gating whole catalog?

Wed Oct 23 14:11:00 2002

Quoting Barry Treahy, Jr. (Treahy@MMaz.com):
> cfm@maine.com wrote:
>
> >Apache is dominant, yes, but I don't like the idea of IC depending on it.  Coupling tightly not only means other web servers
> >won't work but it may well lock people even into a specific version
> >of Apache.
> >
> I know that I'm stepping into the middle of this, but as just another
> voice, I too would ask that the core IC folks to not bind IC to Apache
> only.

Never crossed my mind.

> Though I'm sure Apache is a great HTTP server, we are just one
> example of a site that does not use it and by making that Apache a
> prerequisite, it is creating an unfortunate situation where we must pick
> and choose, and in some cases sacrifice, what we feel is best for our
> configuration.
>
> Please reconsider this...

This is a tempest in a teapot. We were talking about adding enhancements
that improve integration with Apache without affecting the default setup
at all....

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector