[ic] Can I mark an SQL table as "shared" from inside a UserTag?

Randy Moore interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 25 11:09:00 2002

Hi all,

I've written a Usertag that uses DBI calls to run an sql query (thanks to
posts on the list showing how this can be done).  This usertag works fine
as long as I make sure the table I'm querying has been "shared" by adding
"[mvasp tables="mytable"][/mvasp]" to the top each page where I'm going to
use my new tag.

Is there any code I can put in my Usertag that will make the table shared
so that I don't have to add this extra 'mvasp' tag everywhere?

Or, is there something I can put in interchange.cfg or catalog.cfg that
will make this table always shared?

Also, are there a best way to do this from a performance standpoint?

Thanks much!
Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net