[ic] Interchange $Db{options} doesn't exist, aka: I'm so close i can taste the sales.

Cameron interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 26 04:33:00 2002

I wonder if people are entertained by my not-very-amusing subject lines?
Anyway...

I've gotten order routes working - thanks, Paul :) here's a hint for anyone
else playing in future - cutting and pasting the entire lot from the
foundation demo certainly helps a lot. You may still come up with some
errors, but they'll be errors you can deal with.

Anyway. Here's my problem now. I'm trying to run through log_transactions,
which is working fine, except for when it goes to enter the items into
orderline - it fails. Removing the [try] allows me to see the real error
behind it, which is:

> Error while interpolating page etc/log_transaction:
>  Can't call method "record_exists" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm line 1934.

Now... That particular line in the source is:

$db = $Db{$table} || Vend::Data::database_exists_ref($table);

here's the interesting thing. $table equals 'options' in both a working
foundation cart AND my broken cart. so, essentially, $Db{options} doesn't
exist in the cart that i've built from scratch here. Atleast, that's what I
think is happening ;)

Once again, anyone who can shed some light on this situation will be
showered with love and adoration, and the option to purchase some goods from
my cart at full retail price!