[ic] is-secure tag

Grant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 29 15:32:01 2002

>Quoting Grant (listbox@email.com):
>>
>> >Which HTTP server are you using?  I've only ever used that UserTag
>> >with Apache 1.3.x.  I assumed it would work with other servers.
>> >

>> I'm running Apache 1.3.26.
>>
>> >Try creating this:
>> >
>> >    UserTag show_secure Routine <<EOR
>> >    sub {
>> >        $CGI::secure;
>> >    }
>> >    EOR
>> >
>> >Put that UserTag on a secure and an ordinary page and see what's
>> >returned in both cases and then change your is_secure tag to match.
>>
>> I put the above code in a file called show_secure.tag in the ic/usertag
>> directory, restarted IC, and [show_secure] returns nothing
>(blank) on both
>> secure and non-secure pages.  What's that all about?
>>

>Use your ingenuity:

What ingenuity? :)

>UserTag show_secure Routine <<EOR
>sub {
>    if($CGI::secure) {
>	return "Secure was set, value '$CGI::secure'";
>    }
>    else {
>	my $dump = $Tag->dump();
>	return qq{\$CGI::secure was not set, value '$CGI::secure'.
>Environment was:
>    $dump};
>    }
>}
>EOR
>
>See what the value of the variable actually is!!
>
>Also, if your HTTPS server is set up wrong and doesn't set up
>HTTPS_ON as it is supposed to, this tag won't work.

I set this up and I get:

$CGI::secure was not set, value ''.

on both HTTP and HTTPS pages, followed by a massive amount of information.
That info is very extensive but I don't see how it can help me with this
problem.  I'm going to ask my host about HTTPS_ON.  Is that the only other
possibility?

- Grant