[ic] Shipping Wizard, etc.

Robert Wall interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 29 19:50:01 2002

> I have a customer that sells electronics, and does "fixed shipping per
> item".  For example, a satellite dish might cost a $15 flat fee to ship.
> A VCR might cost $8.  Something else may be $25.
>
> We can't build these directly into the item costs, for marketing reasons.
> Is there anywhere in Interchange that we can set this up?  Alternatively,
> is there a good workaround for this?  I've been through the Shipping
> Wizard, and it doesn't seem to have any good answers for me.

I think I've discovered a workaround.  I created a method called "Flat
Rate", which uses the total weight for the shipping cost.  If a user wants
to charge $15.00 for shipping on a stereo, he simply tells Interchange
that the item has a weight of 15.

This brings up another issue, however.  On the "View Cart" page, "Shipping
Weight" shows up.  Anybody that's paying attention will probably notice
that this number is bogus.  Does anybody know of a way to disable the
display of "Shipping Weight" on the "View Cart" page?

Alternatively, a better method for fixed-rate shipping on a per-item basis
would be welcomed as well :)

-----
Robert Wall						(715) 855-0189
Systems Administrator                                   bob@web-walrus.com
Web Walrus Media

            "Affordable internet solutions for your business"