[ic] same tax to all customers.

Jim Toro interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 13:23:02 2002

A client wants me to charge the same state tax for ALL customers
regardless of what state they are in. I debated the legality of this
with him but he is adamant so I am going to do it and let him worry about
it.  Problem is that it appears I have to put all 50 states in all fields
along with their tax values in the tax preferences of the admin panel.
He wants to tax shipping as well so that means I have to do all 50 states
in the shipping.asc as well?. Sounds kinda messy and a lot of data
entry in order to force all with a fixed tax.

Is that correct?. Isnt there some way to just use a "all" reference or
some kind of setting to force all orders to be taxed the same amount
without having to write a perl script?.

Anyone ever do this before ??