[ic] stumped on another sql query SOLVED, BUT STILL WEIRD

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 17:46:01 2002

--fixed top-quoting again--

Scott Andreas wrote:
> > Aaron Hazelton wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > You may recall that I was working on a [query sql.....]
> > yesterday to get the no-match to work.
> >
> > I have taken the same exact results page code from the
> > local server that I was testing it on and put it on a production
> > server and you *never* get results.  inputting the exact
> > query string into the production servers mysql command
> > line provides results with no problems and logged in as the
> > same user that IC is set up with.
> >
> > the only differences are:
> > production server IC 4.8.3, mysql 3.23.36
> > local server IC 4.8.6, mysql 3.23.52
> >
> > any ideas where im off?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Aaron
> >
> > sounds like a mysql permission problem to me. double check
> > them, make sure
> > you have access rights and check the mysql log file as that
> > will give you
> > hints as to what is happening.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> As I said, I can log into mysql using the *exact same* user/
> password that is set in IC and it works just fine.  Also, all of
> the other searches set to st=db work also, wouldn't they fail
> too??  there is no IC error either.
>
> thanks again,
> Aaron
>
> Not necessarily, MySql permission are granted on the entire
> database, per
> table, per access rights and/or per user. Double check them as this is
> usually 99% of all MySql related problems. Also, double check
> that IC is
> accessing the table in question, if using source distribution
> then restart
> the IC server as see what errors it gives.
>
> Scott

permissions was *not* the problem.  I actually got the query to now
 work.  by changing the [value mv_searchspec] to my own
[value query] in all instances, now results are returned.

just out of curiosity, why should the mv_searchspec not work in this
instance? anybody know?

thanks,
Aaron