[ic] [read-cookie] question

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 6 12:47:01 2002

The [set-cookie] ITL supports numerous parameters which control the
definition of the cookie, in particular, the path and domain.  I have
already set the site to support cookies for the entire domain but I'm
seeing cookies defined with various path's which I find odd.  My
question is related to the [read-cookie], however.  Is it safe to
presume that the read-cookie, since it really has no documented
parameters other than the cookie name, will return any cookie that
matches on the name, regardless of the original path?

If so, then how do I know which cookie will consistently be returned and
of not, which is what I would expect, then how to I clearly identify
which cookie for which path?  Is this simply an undocumented parameter?

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028