[ic] Where do I turn of mandatory elements?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 09:41:02 2002

At 07:39 AM 9/9/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I need to turn of some of the mandatory elements, and maybe switch on some
>others, if possible. When I process an order I would like to switch off
>the checking of E-mail so I don't get an error message telling me that
>E-mail i missing. Have tried to look at  profiles.order and checkout.html,
>but havn't found how to fix this. Can someone please advice me?
>
>Best regards
>
>Ulf Holt

Profiles.order is where you need to do it, though I can't say I would
advise making 'email' an optional field. Just remove the lines
'email=required' and/or 'email=email' from the particular checkout
profile(s) you use. In addition to the combined one (named
checkout_profile, and no longer used in the foundation demo, I think),
there is a profile for each payment_method: credit_card, purchase_order,
etc. You need to make the same change in the profile for each payment type
you accept.

While you are in there you can also add new order checks as desired. The
basic docs for this are in ic_ecommerce, though there are newer checks
which are not is this document (check WHATSNEW for the latest). Reconfig
your catalog to active your changes.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax