[ic] Perl 5.8.0 + Interchange Clustering locking issues

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 22:02:01 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 06:45:02PM -0700, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> Dan Browning wrote:

How do you know that is perl related and not NFS or NFS3?  At least
in debian world, NFS defaults just changed to sync from async.  Perl
changed from unthreaded to threaded.  If you are running mysql sessions,
what do you have to lock?  An order counter and some log files?  Why
do you need to lock index.html?  Couldn't it be ro FWIW?

I'm confused AND about to upgrade to 5.8 on our production machines
ATRSN.  :-)