[ic] filtering search results or refining results or searching within results

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 17 14:32:01 2002

> Probably the best way to do it is to use $Session->{last_search}. But you
> have to do that at the very top of the page if you want to make sure
> you get the one that came in via the form.

    A quick look in the archive reveals that you have answered this question
multiple times... oops.  I did look extensively before asking, hopefully my
subject line will help others have better success at finding it in the
archive.
    The $Session->{last_search} worked great, I throw it into a scratch
variable at the _very_ top of the results page.  Then, when the user selects
the type of result filter he wants, I use a horrific piece of code I wrote
to modify the search parameters and then re-issue the modified search via
bounce.  The whole concept resulted in exactly the desired results.

Jeff