[ic] New IC Site

Robert Brandtjen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 22 14:17:01 2002

On Saturday 21 September 2002 06:01 pm, Bradley Caricofe wrote:
> You mean the other 3% of the world?  I'm no big msft fan either but
> honestly IE is a better browser than netscape (as far as the windows
> versions are concerned), no question.  And our domain stats for the 40 =
or
> so clients we host show that 95% of their sites' visitors are using IE,
> another 3% on netscape and 2% on something else.

Many of the browsers ou there (Opera, mozilla, etc) can report to be what=
ever=20
browser the client wants them to be. That isn't necessarily the actual ty=
pe,=20
in other words, unless you have httpd set to log OS type as well as brows=
er=20
type, and have your log analyzer set to report those stats as well, you h=
ave=20
no real idea.

A great many corporate accounts will not use IE because of it's massive=20
security holes, although they are set to report as IE since sites like yo=
urs=20
often will not respond to non IE browsers, MS's own sites are a case in=20
point.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services