[ic] CommonAdjust and option discounts...

Charles Adams interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 15 17:17:00 2003

We have the pricing table populated with quantity prices for every product
sku... discounts set at 4, 11, 25... as follows

	sku price_group q4 q11 q25 q50...
	BS-6030 ABM 202 192 192 192...

We have options defined for every sku with the price field set (for example)
to PM06=360.00, PM12=395.00, PE06=525.00, PE12=550.00.  We've tried defining
the option codes in the pricing table - defined or not defined seems to make
no difference.

	sku price_group q4 q11 q25 q50...
	PM06 ABM 324 298 298 298 ...

When we order one, two or three of the product items with or without any
options selected the price is calculated correctly...

	((product price) + (selected option prices)) * quantity

When we get the first price break (qty=4), the q4 discount for the product
price is correctly set the q4 price value for that product sku as specified
in the pricing table. HOWEVER, option prices DISAPPEAR! To use the above
example the line item price becomes

	((Q4 discounted product price) + (ZERO)) * quantity

Our common adjust statement appears last in after.cfg and is as follows...

	CommonAdjust pricing:price_group,q4,q11,q25,q50,q100 :sale_price, ;:price,
;$, ==:options
	PriceField 0

QUESTION: What am I missing?  How do we specify option discount pricing in
such a way as to discount selected option prices and add them to discounted
product prices for a given sku?

Chuck Adams
MotherboardZone
caadams@MotherboardZone.com